[nv-l] Urgent assistance please

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Urgent assistance please
From: Dan Azigo <azigodan@netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 01:58:25 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:07:23 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL PROPOSAL
You may be surprised to receive this Email from me, since you do
not know me personally. I am Dan, the son Of  Masatine Azigo, a famous black
farmer in Zimbabwe. He was recently murdered in the land dispute in my country.
I got your contact through a search, hence decided to write you.
Before the death of my father, he had taken me to the Netherlands to deposit
the sum of US$24.5 million (Twenty four million five hundred thousand US
Dollars), in one of the private security company, as he foresaw the looming
danger in Zimbabwe. This money was deposited in a box as gemstone to avoid much
demurrage from the security company and was meant for the purchase of new
machines and chemicals for the new farms and establishments.
This land problem came when Zimbabwean President Mr. Robert Mugabe introduced a
new land Act Reform wholly affecting the rich white farmers and some few black
farmers, and this resulted in killings and mob action by Zimbabwean war
veterans and some lunatics in the society. In fact a lot of people were killed
because of this Land reform Act for which my father was one of the victims. It
is against this background that, my family and I fled Zimbabwe for fear of our
lives and are currently staying in the Netherlands where we are seeking
political asylum and more so, have decided to transfer my father's money to a
more reliable foreign account. Since the law of Netherlands prohibits a refugee
(asylum seeker) to have such amount of money in any bank account or to be
involved in any financial transaction of such magnitude throughout the
territorial zone of the Netherlands.
As the first son, I am saddled with the responsibility of seeking a genuine
foreign account where this money could be transferred into without the
knowledge of my government who are bent on taking everything we have. As a
businessman, I am seeking for a partner, who I have to entrust my future and
that of my family in his hands. I must let you know that this transaction is
risk free. If you accept to assist my family, and me all I want you to do for
me, is to make an arrangement with the security company to clear the
consignment (funds) from their affiliate office here in the Netherlands.
Before we shall proceed we shall have all modalities put in place. Like change
of ownership of the consignment, and more importantly this money I intend to
use for investment. I have two options for you. Firstly I can give you certain
percentage of the money for agreeing to assist in this transaction. Or you can
go into partnership with me for the proper profitable investment
in your country. Whichever option you want, feel free to notify me. I have also
mapped out 5% of this money for all kinds of expenses incurred in the process
of this transaction. I implore you to maintain the absolute secrecy required in
this transaction, keep it strictly confidential.

I await your prompt response.
Faithfully,
Dan Azigo.