[nv-l] [CM4.2] increase gateway depot / integrating MSI packages

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] [CM4.2] increase gateway depot / integrating MSI packages
From: "Mildeberger, Thorsten" <thorsten.mildeberger@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:18:58 -0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:56:15 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi all,
we are in the phase of engineering our software distribution process again and
that´s why I have the following two questions:

1)
As there are a couple of W2000 based servers out there in the sites, I would
like to know if there is a way to get a gateway´s software depot increased by
using a W2000 drive (share) via NFS for instance, i.e. get share/drive G: NFS
mounted on the gateway via mountpoint /em/depot or something like this?
Or might there be another alternative I can´t think of by now?

At least I would to see a software package being pushed from /em/depot to the
endpoint.

2)
We have a couple of MSI packages available that need to be embeded into "Tivoli
format" using the package editor.
What would be the CLI command to get this done instead of using the Tivoli
package editor.?

Sorry for asking that stuff, but as you might see, I´m a CM42 newbie.

We are going to use FM41, CM42 on Solaris 2.8 based boxes.

Thanks for your support!

best regards,