Re: [nv-l] Java GUI Topology View

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Java GUI Topology View
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:43:25 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:51:46 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I really like being able to blame stuff like this on java. Seriously.

You might try playing with the settings for the PC that is running the console. Like smaller fonts, for instance.  I have also had some luck arranging the Motif map with things REALLY far apart. So far apart that you don't get any labels on the Motif map. You can also sometimes get it to spread out a little if you lower that line at the bottom - the new object holding area line.

And basically I try to avoid more than about 25 things on the top level map, even on the Motif view, just from a  clutter standpoint. If I need a lot more, I add a little more heirarchy to the design.

Detroit

James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/13/2003 08:58 AM