Re: [nv-l] Cannot Open the R/W Map

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cannot Open the R/W Map
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:28:10 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:35:04 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I ran into this at one stage and it ended up being a lock file way down under /usr/OV/databases/openview - sorry don't have the location any more and this is 12 months back but you might do a find for anything ending in either .lock or .lck from this directory....

Cheers,
Jane

Bursik, Scott {PBSG} wrote:

NetView 7.1.3 AIX 4.3.3

I have netviewd running and I have never had this issue before.

I try and open X GUI using:

netview -dconsole

or

netview -rw -map default -dconsole

and I only get the RO map. There are no other maps open.

I do have the following daemons registered:

object manager name: netviewd
behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
state:               RUNNING
PID:                 50846
last message:        Initialization complete
exit status:         -

object manager name: netviewd_default
behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
state:               RUNNING
PID:                 60102
last message:        Initialization complete
exit status:         -

Is this the cause?

Scott Bursik
PBSG