Re: [nv-l] Change TEC forwarding via command line?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Change TEC forwarding via command line?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:04:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:11:44 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

nvserverd does not have to be bounced.
You can stop and start TEC forwarding dynamically, once it has been initially set up, with the nvtecia  command.  It has two options.
        /usr/OV/bin/nvtecia  -stop
stop TEC forwarding.
        /usr/OV/bin/nvtecia -reload
cause nvserverd to reload the ruleset which is defined in the tecint.conf file and begin forwarding again.
Note that this allows you to edit the file and change the rule name whenever you  want to.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/08/2004 09:44 AM