[nv-l] NV and Syslog capacity guidlines

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NV and Syslog capacity guidlines
From: "John and Leizyl" <johnsobrinho@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:30:34 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:44:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello List....

I am looking for  capacity guidelines in terms of number of snmp messages /
maximum number of connections that  Netview can handle. As well as any
suggested capacity guidelines for a syslog server.

We will be deploying 7.1.3 on AIX 5.2 platform with fibre ethernet card.

Environment will grow to 5000 devices and will probably add 2 MLM servers to
offload nv.

We will be using netview primarily for its mapping, status polling, and snmp
trap collection. NV will receive traps and post to another tec server via
postemsg within perl scripts. The scripts will  determine severity, all TEc
variables value, the message formatting to TEC 3.8 console for 1 st  level
analysts.

We may add switch analyzer later in the year.

Any guidelines would be appreciated.