[nv-l] snmp chagnes

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] snmp chagnes
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:25:53 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:00:24 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

To all,
Netview 7.1.4 AIX

what if anything needs to be done to sync up xnmsnmpconf with a device that has had its snmp strings changed.  When netview does a config poll should it not look to see again if the snmp strign ahs changed and if it has, should it not try using the alternate community names to see if it is in there?

 Just wondering cause we are looking at changing a great deal of the snmp strings on the devices in our network, and want to know how netview will handle that.  Or will it simply be stuck int he xnmsnmpconf file and will require a xnmsnmpconf -export (remove all the entries) and then do a xnmsnmpconf -import?   I have tried using the clearC and event and resolve with xnmsnmpconf but it does not seem to care.  it still interprets the previous xnmsnmpconf community string.

thanks
Chris Petrina