[nv-l] Map management

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Map management
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:58:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:06:37 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Greetings all,

I have a lengthy definition for a problem.  But it actually is fairly simple.

        We run Netview on a UNIX AIX 5.2 box which has no video card in it, so no local GUI interface.   For everyone to get to the server they use ViewNow (Netmanage's version of Exceed).
In order for Web Console to work a map must be up and running (somehow netviewd plays a role here as well).  But if an on call person receives a request to unmanage an object, They would have to start a viewnow session to the Server then execute their own ovw (GUI).   Does anything they do on their map get propagated over all the maps?   i.e. if they unmanage an object will it be unmanaged in all maps?

second question:  Yes or no really.     Is their a CLI for removing a device from the object database?  Or does it ahve to be done through the GUI with objcet -> Delete object -> from all submaps?

thanks
Chris Petrina