Re: [nv-l] xnmsnmpconf

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] xnmsnmpconf
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:19:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:28:36 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Dave,

use:
xnmsnmpconf -export xnmsnmpconf.out
to export the database to a file.
Then search the file xnmsnmpconf.out for duplicates.
Delete them and import the file again with:
xnmsnmpconf -import xnmsnmpconf.out
Keep in mind that SmartSet-entries cannot be exported/imported.
So if you have any write them down and add them again manually after
importing the file.

Kind regards

Oliver

|         |           reamd@nationwide.|
|         |           com              |
|         |           owner-nv-l@lists.|
|         |           us.ibm.com       |
|         |           02.02.2004 21:09 |
|         |           nv-l             |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                    |
  |       cc:
                                    |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] xnmsnmpconf

Hi All,
         I have a development box that is running AIX 5.1 with 7.1.4...
When I attempt the xnmsnmpconf command I receive numerous pop WARNING
windows that say - Igoring Duplicate Node Name specification in
/usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf_db...   After hundreds of these pop-up windows the
SNMP Configuration window finally appears... What can I do to correct this
problem.

Thank You,
Dave