Re: [nv-l] Duplicate Addresses

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Duplicate Addresses
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:46:39 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 02:55:36 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

If you enter the address in the seedfile preceded by "%" , Netview will treat it as if it were cisco HSRP - that is, it will draw it only under the router on which it is actually up. It will check it every 5 minutes to see if it has moved. I'm not sure about the interaction with the parameter in the netmon.conf file. And the exact behavior will depend on how the interfacs are actualy configured - admin down, dormant, admin up. But the % directive in the seedfile is designed to handle what you are describing.

Detroit

Bhayeti <bhayeti@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

02/18/2004 04:39 AM