[nv-l] mapping non ip devices using snmpget (maybe oid_to_command)?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] mapping non ip devices using snmpget (maybe oid_to_command)?
From: ray.smith@clorox.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:20:09 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:31:58 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

All,

The problem is to have NetView auto discover the device using the $snmpget and future similar devices and add the xxmap.  At this time it is not performing this operation.

I am attempting to understand the gtmd and noniptopod in order to manage a device for node up that does not support icmp.  The device does support snmp and I can walk and get against the device with no problems.  The device does return ifadminstatus and ifoperstatus as UP, which I thought I read to be expected for this type of management.

Since the walk does return the expected status I have not loaded the device specific mibs as of yet.

The way it is configured at this time is;

added to xnmsnmpconf with the correct snmp names.
location.conf has been updated so the device will map there
seed file has the entry $192.168.1.1 for snmp status checking

What do I do next?

Although ovstatus shows all gtmd and other daemons are running and well behaved.  The noniptopod is NON_WELL_BEHAVED

Ray Smith
IS Engineer
The Clorox Services Company
925-425-4363