Re: [nv-l] HOW RECOVERY PASSWORD FOR SWITCH IBM 8275-324

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] HOW RECOVERY PASSWORD FOR SWITCH IBM 8275-324
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:46:25 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:05:15 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Have you spoken with your local IBM hardware technician?   Surely they have a procedure for this recovery.  I would open a problem to your local IBM support  group.  And you can converse with them in Spanish.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"salu2 ." <cambiocds@hotmail.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

02/28/2004 03:35 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] HOW RECOVERY PASSWORD FOR SWITCH IBM 8275-324

Thanks for your answer but ...

in the manual no appears this problem. The user and password were modified
(aren´t default) and it(manual) tells how can i change them (user and
password) into the console switch but I can´t enter. Need something how a
password and user for use administrative by a IBM technician or other form
to guess them.

Sorry, perhaps I repeat the same other and other once but my english it´s
very bad

Cordially,

Emilio Benitez
España

>From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
>To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
>Subject: Re: [nv-l] HOW RECOVERY PASSWORD FOR  SWITCH IBM 8275-324
>Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:27:43 -0500
>
>It seems to me that was one of those devices you had to do something wierd
>to reinitialize it if you lost the password. Like download the microcode
>via the serial port or something.  I'm told that the default userid is:
>admin  and  blank(don't enter anything) is the password.
>
>Get the manual here:
>ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/networking/ess/public/docs/66E4260BF19A6AFD8525676A004B464C/f1ra2000.pdf
>

>Cordially,
>
>Leslie A. Clark
>IBM Global Services - Systems Mgmt & Networking
>Detroit
>

>"salu2 ." <cambiocds@hotmail.com>
>Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
>02/26/2004 08:19 AM
>Please respond to nv-l
>

>         To:     nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
>         cc:
>         Subject:        [nv-l] HOW RECOVERY PASSWORD FOR  SWITCH IBM
>8275-324
>

>Hi,
>I bought 2 devices in EBAY and they send these without user and password
>(no
>are default). How can I reset the switches??¿?¿?¿ becauase I want
>configure
>them and in this moment can´t enter into the switches.
>
>Thanks for all and sorry but my english is very poor

>¿Todavía no conoces el nuevo MSN Messenger? Descárgatelo gratis aquí.
>http://messenger.microsoft.com/es

Correos más divertidos con fotos y textos increíbles en MSN 8. Pruébalo
gratis dos meses. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=es-es&XAPID=45&DI=1055