RE: [nv-l] changing oid_to_sym

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>, "'cjp8@meadwestvaco.com'" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] changing oid_to_sym
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:11:37 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:30:56 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Chris,
If you only have one map (just the default), the answer is no, you do not have to re-discover the objects.
1. ovstop netmon
2. ovtopofix -A  (capital A)
3. ovstart netmon
4. Close/Open the read/write map
5. Be patient.......

If you have multiple maps, you may get unwanted results if you run ovtopofix with the capital -A parmeter.
i.e.  deleted objects will re-appear, etc....
It would be better to delete and re-discover them.

Don Davis