Réf. : [nv-l] Seedfile entries not being discovered

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Réf. : [nv-l] Seedfile entries not being discovered
From: thierry.van-mol@ciev.vd.ch
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:22:45 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:33:16 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
the interface of the object I try to discovered (not necessarly the one in
the
seed file) was previously used on an interface of another object previously
discovered
by Netview (even if this interface is actually shutdown now).

No error messages in netmon.trace or whatever. The solution: remove the IP
address
on the shutdown interface of the other router, delete this interface in
netview and
stop/start netmon.

(this happens in version 7.1.3 fixpack2 )

On 02.03.2004 19:08:22 "Christopher J Petrina" wrote:
>I have seen this now for awhile.   I have ip addresses in the seed file
that
>are not being discovered.  Theya re valid and pingable IP addresses. I
reviewed
>the netmon.trace log and it shows both a sending and a receiving of a ping
from
>10.213.1.6 but nothing else.  When I do an ovtopodump | grep 10.213.1.6
returns
>no value either.   I ahve seen this in many of the IP addresses.  All of
which
>have basically the same entries in netmon.trace they are sent a ping they
>return the answer and then nothing more comes of these devices.  These are
by
>the way L3 switches/Router ip addresses.   I never thought anything of it
since
>finding devices via a seedfile is a very core level of Netview and never
have I
>heard of Netview not finding a device in the seedfile when it was alive.
So