Re: [nv-l] snmp shutdown

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] snmp shutdown
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:53:37 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:04:21 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thats how I did it, you may find another way, but my solution
was to send a trap to the device, capture it and start the shutdown.

lucian.vanghele@bisnet.ro wrote:

so you mean to send back a trap to the AIX machine and not a snmpset command?

Most snmp agents include a trap handler. You would
need to check the configuration for the trap handler to
find out how to execute code when a certain trap arrives.
I have configured exactly this(as well as some firewall
rules) on my Linux router at home, so I know its possible,
and I would assume its possible on AIX, but you will have
to check the docs.

Paul