Re: [nv-l] Smartset of Treshold Crossed Devices

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Smartset of Treshold Crossed Devices
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:48:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:56:55 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I know of no way to do this automatically but you could do it with a ruleset and some programming of your own.

If you will look at Data Collection you will see that there are traps generated when a threshold is crossed and re-armed and that you can configure those traps.  So you could have a ruleset running in the background which intercepts those traps and uses the Set Database Field Node to set a database field when that threshold is crossed and then unset when it is rearmed.     You would create your smartset based on that field.  And you could use nvdbimport to reset or create the fields outside of the ruleset if you needed to do some cleanup outside the traps.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/08/2004 11:28 AM
Please respond to

netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Smarset of Treshold Crossed Devices

Hi folks,
I created few Data Collection with tresholds.
I would like to display all devices with the Treshold Crossed in a Smartset .
Q1: Is this possible?
Q2: If Yes, what is the "smartset rule"?
Q3: If No, How can I achieve the goal of highlighting the Devices with Crossed Tresholds?

Thank You,
Meyos
"ALLEZ LES LIONS INDOMPTABLES"