Re: [nv-l] ovtopmd error

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ovtopmd error
From: "Gerardo Ruiz Garcia" <gerardo_ruiz@inicia.es>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:31:49 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:36:53 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks:
I will execute ovtopofix to depurate database.

There is probably nothing that you as a user can do about this.   When a
core occurs on a daemon it is because it encountered some unexpected
condition from which it cannot recover.  Your only recourse is to contact
IBM support.  They will
>tell you that 7.1.1 is out of support and they will
assist you in obtaining more current code.

The documentation you have provided here, netfmt, only shows that ipmap
exited because it lost contact with ovtopmd.  It does not indicate why
ovtopmd
>xited.  The only relevant information would be in the core file
produced and saved in /usr/OV/PD/cores/ovtopmd.  You can run
/usr/OV/service/readcore on that core file if you have AIX's dbx program
installed.  That will produce a core.report that wi
>l give some indication
as to what happened, but most likely there is an object in your database
which has been corrupted and the ovtopmd you have does not know how to deal
with it.  That's why you need a new version of it.

James Shanks
Level 3 S
>pport  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Gerardo Ruiz
             Gar
>ia"
             <gerardo_ruiz@ini
             cia.es>
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lis
>s.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.
cc
             us.ibm.com

             03/09/04 04:10 AM

>                           Subject
             Please respond to         [nv-l] ovtopmd error
                   nv-l

I receive a core from ovtopmd.
The output of netfmt command is:
************************************ NetView ************
  Timestamp            : Tue Mar 09 2004 08:53:06.505423
  Process ID
>  : 36594              Subsystem        : OVW
  User ID ( UID )      : 210                Log Class        : DISASTER
  Device ID            : -1                 Path ID          : -1
  Connection ID        : -1                 Log Instance     : 0

  Software             : /usr/OV/bin/ipmap
  Hostname             : grnodo4
Problem with connection to ovtopmd: Could not send and/or receive: sys 2:
A file
 or directory i
> the path name does not exist.
UID 210 is operator user whit map open read-only.

I reveice this message four times a day.
I have Netview 7.1.1 AIX 4.3.3

¡¡LOS VIRUS ATACAN!!
Protege tu buzón con Tiscali SuperCorreo y por sólo 2 euros al mes

>conseguirás:
Correo+antivirus+antispam+espacio extra
¡Date prisa! Actívalo ya en http://supercorreo.tiscali.es