Re: [nv-l] Not able to open map

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Not able to open map
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:38:50 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:50:45 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
N,
The map error you think is keeping the map from opening is not the problem:

> $ netview
> /usr/bin/netview[64]: ulimit: 0403-045 The specified value is outside > the user's allowable range.

This is simply saying that one of the ulimits we attempt to
set to unlimited is limited in your environment(by your
administrator). This should not keep the map from starting.
That being said, what IS keeping the map from opening should
be logged in /usr/OV/log/netview_mumopr.log. Take a look at it.

Next, you state that you login as the user you also seem to login
to NetView because it prompts you for the login and password and
Group ID. The same should be true of root. If security is turned
on, you will need to create an administrative user and login to
NetView to use when you are root(actually you can login as any
user, but you will want an adminitrative user). You will need to
login to NetView when you are root, there is no special "privlege"
for root when security is enabled.

Paul

nraaman@chennai.tcs.co.in wrote:
Hi,

I need to give to access to monitor the netview from other location thru
x-window. For
this i created the user id and group id. From Turned ON the secuirty at security
administration. Now if i type netview on command line prompting for the user
ID, Group ID
and password, same is give authentication is succesful but map is not opening.
please see
the below eror

$ netview
/usr/bin/netview[64]: ulimit: 0403-045 The specified value is outside the
user's allowable
range.
Starting user interface applications...
Fri Mar 12 09:15:47 IST 2004
Please see /usr/OV/log/netview_mumopr.log if you have startup errors.
$

But normally i will use root to login x-window and type netview to see the map
and object.
But now i cant able to open the map. Please see the error below

nvs_isClientAuthorized(): permission denied for "ovw_binary".
   authorized=0, status=0.
Thu Mar 11 13:32:13 IST 2004
Thu Mar 11 13:39:12 IST 2004
Minimum space required in /tmp directory is 4194320 bytes.
Fri Mar 12 08:53:46 IST 2004
nvs_isClientAuthorized(): permission denied for "ovw_binary".
   authorized=0, status=0.
Fri Mar 12 08:54:32 IST 2004
bash-2.05a#

Please help me to solve this

Thanks & Regards
N.Raaman(Ramamoorthy)

This mail is scanned by Interscan Viruswall - CR, TCS Chennai