[nv-l] Netview upgrades

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netview upgrades
From: "Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@banksa.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:27:55 +1030
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 01:33:00 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I'm currently running Netview 5.1 on AIX 4.3.3. We need to move to AIX
5.x and will need to upgrade to Netview 7.1.x.
We will be installing the new version on a new platform so it need not
be an upgrade over the top of 5.x (which I understand needs an
intermediate 6.x step).

Given that we would have a fresh 7.x install how can we transfer our
existing rules, configurations, maps etc to the new installation so as
not to have to redraw our very complicated maps etc.

Secondly - we used to forward events to Tivoli using a complicated rule
set. Over time the rules changed such that 99% of our events now trigger
scripts which do various things and we are now dropping the forward to
Tivoli altogether.
We currently define the rule to be used by Netview by starting Tivoli
and setting the "Forwarding to Tivoli" config option. If we no longer
have Tivoli involved in our Netview installtion how do we tell Netview
which ruleset we want to handle our incoming events?

Cheers - Gavin Newman

*****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other
persons.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately.  Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.  Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
is strictly prohibited.

St George Bank Limited AFSL 240997 or its subsidiaries ASSIRT Pty Ltd
AFSL 240979, Advance Asset Management Limited AFSL 240902, PACT
Accountants Investment Group Pty Limited AFSL 240693, St George Life
Limited AFSL 240900, ASGARD Capital Management Limited AFSL 240695
and Securitor Financial Group Limited AFSL 240687 is not liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.