[nv-l] snmptrap on windows

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] snmptrap on windows
From: "Cloostermans Helen (DBB)" <Helen.Cloostermans@dexia.be>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:54:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:05:15 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello,

I want to send snmptraps from a Windows 2000 Server to my Netview Server (7.1.3
on AIX) and I read in the archives that this can be done by using the snmptrap
command from the MLM software:

"If you have a NetView license, then you have the ability to put MLM's anywhere
in your enterprise you care to. MLM ships with a standalone snmptrap utility
which can be copied to any NT box and run there. I have not tried it on Win2000
but I assume it will run there. Try it. Yuu can install the MLM on any box you
like and copy the code over, or you can go looking for it on the CD. Just be
sure you get the MLM one because the NetView one does require NetView
libraries. The MLM one does not.
James Shanks Team Leader,
Level 3 Support Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
(was written on April 12th,  2001)"

So I searched for the snmptrap command on the CD, but didn't find it. Then I
installed the MLM on the Windows server, but I still didn't find the snmptrap
command.

So my question is : is it still possible to copy the snmptrap command from the
CD's or has this been changed in the newer versions ?
(Maybe someone has got the necessary files somewhere and can send them to me ?)

Any help is appreciated !

Regards,
Helen

"The information contained in this message is intended for the addressee
only and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and/or
information protected by intellectual property rights. If you are not
the addressee, please delete this message and notify the sender; you
should not use, alter, copy or distribute this message or disclose its
contents to anyone. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure
or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. No responsibility
is accepted by Dexia Bank for any loss or damage arising in any way from
its use. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Dexia Bank or any of its
affiliates. Therefore this email does not constitute a commitment by Dexia
bank unless it contains an express statement to the contrary from an
authorised representative."