Re: [nv-l] Location.conf again

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Location.conf again
From: Michael Webb <mlwebb@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:36:48 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:44:11 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

When you set this up for yourself, I am curious to know what actually happened?

In my experience with location.conf, the "complete" segment does not have to be in the site container with the primary router that has the WAN link.  Only the IP addresses that make up the router need to be in the lower site container, including the IP address in the WAN segment (network).  This will put the router in the lower level container, but the segment (network) will be in the higher upper level container since other devices share that network.  That is my current understanding and the way I have seen it work (for both Unix and Windows).

Michael Webb, IBM Tivoli
Q1CA Distributed NetView / ITSA SVT
Email: mlwebb@us.ibm.com
Ext: (919) 224-1410, T/L: 687-1410