[nv-l] Netwowrk level submap question

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netwowrk level submap question
From: "Yang, Peter" <peter.yang@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:48:50 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:31:24 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Thanks for any info on this question.

Configuration:

I have 10 computers in my configuration. Each computer has two Ethernet adapters.( say 192.1.1.* and 192.2.1.*). The Netview server is installed on one of the 10 computers.

Netview map:

when I look at my Netview's IPMAP( Network level submap), it shows two subnets with 9 computers connected to each subnet.

But the computer with Netvew installed is not displayed in this IPMAP map view. The Netview server does get displayed in the segment-level submap.

Ovobjprint output:

Each of the computer has the attribute "isrouter" = true even the ipforwarding=0 is configured at each computer.

Question :

The question is why the Netview server computer does not show up in the IPMAP ?  Is any explanation on this behavior ?