RE: [nv-l] Switch Analyzer and Layer 3 switches

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Switch Analyzer and Layer 3 switches
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:47:38 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:58:18 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

verified that the oid_to_type of the device equalled that of the systemOID.   Also have found that some of the 5024's do show up via layer2 status.  I am doing some investigationw ith Magnum as well as to how exactly it determines what a layer2 device is.  Switch Analyzer determines wether or not to discover the devices for layer2 based on what Netview tells it the device is.

-Chris Petrina

Michael Webb <mlwebb@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

04/22/2004 04:40 PM