[nv-l] excluding / unmanaging part of network

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] excluding / unmanaging part of network
From: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:18:33 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:29:32 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

NV 7.1.3 / AIX 5.1

A part of our network will be down due to power outages / maintenance in some campus buildings. Goal is to suppress / ignore traps such as node / interface down from this part of the network, so that we don't go around paging responsible parties for these devices being down.

Any suggestions on how to do this, and revert back to normal monitoring after the power outage is over. Maybe something like excluding / unmanaging switches and routers that are in these buildings through seed file? Thanks.

Cheers

Fawad Qureshi