Re: Re: [nv-l] loading Nortel's rapid-city.mib on NetView 7.1.4 for wind

To: jshanks@us.ibm.com, nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Re: [nv-l] loading Nortel's rapid-city.mib on NetView 7.1.4 for windows
From: netace1@walla.co.il
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:41:09 +0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:52:20 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Dear James,
Thank you very much. your advice was very helpfull.
Can you tell me where can I get software that convert v2 mib files to v1 ?

thanks
shay

<jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Re: [nv-l] loading Nortel's rapid-city.mib on NetView 7.1.4 for windows

I cannot help you get a V1 version of the MIB, though you can find tools on the web which will convert MIBs, if you like

What you can do instead is load the MIB with either the java-based MIB loader from the Web client (you can launch that with mibloader.bat as well)  or the native SNMP V1/V2 loader, loadmibv2.exe, and determine the OID (1.3.6.1.4.1. etc) and data type (INTEGER, COUNTER, GAUGE) of the data you'd like to collect.  Then you can manually edit the snmpCol.conf file and create an entry to collect on that using the others that are already there as a guide.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

netace1@walla.co.il
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

05/09/2004 02:42 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] loading Nortel's rapid-city.mib on NetView 7.1.4 for windows

Hello everybody

I need to collect data on Nortel's BayStack450 and Passport1200 and for that I need the MIB file

called rapid-city.MIB but in SNMPv1 Because on NetView7.1.4 for Windows you cannot collect data with MIB2 values...

If anyone has a solution for my situation or has the MIB file I would be glad.

Thanks is advanced

Shay Wissoztki

Walla! Mail, Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Walla! at:
http://mail.walla.co.il