Re: [nv-l] Down - Up monitoring ?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Down - Up monitoring ?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:11:14 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:20:52 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I think you need to give us more explanation.
What kind of a node is green when it is down and red when it s up?  Why?  This isn't normal  so before you go making some custom thing to deal with it, it would be better to determine why this happens and see whether you can correct. it.

AIX with NetView 7.1?  Have you no maintenance applied at all?  the current level is either 7.1.4 with FixPack1 or 7.1.3 with FixPack2.  If you really are at just 7.1 then you are about two years behind on maintenance and that alone could be the source of your difficulty.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Yannick Lo Guidice <YLG@fr.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

05/13/2004 03:43 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Down - Up monitoring ?

Hi mates,

I have a special need to raise an event in netview when a node is always
down and comes up. I mean the node is green on the map when it is down and
it gets red on the map when it is up.

Does anyone know if it is possible and how to do it under netview 7.1 /
Aix ?
Thanks,

--
Yannick LO GUIDICE - ylg@fr.ibm.com