Re: [nv-l] Map Status Update

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Map Status Update
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:55:42 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:03:14 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Please see inserts,
Jane

Meyos Yemveng wrote:

Hi Folks,
Q1: Is a device interface status updated by the Link-Down trap or by the polling session

Yes! The regular polling will update status as frequently as your polling interval is set. However, if NetView receives a link down, my understanding is that will trigger an immediate interface test and update the status, without waiting for the next poll cycle to come around (provided you are on a fairly recentl version - this may even have come in at V6).

Q2: How can I copnfigure the device Icon to automatically reflect the interface down status upon reception of the Link_Down Trap.

So the answer to this is that it should happen automatically.

Thank You,
Meyos
"ALLEZ LES LIONS INDOMPTABLES"

Post your free ad now! *Yahoo! Canada Personals* <http://ca.personals.yahoo.com/>