[nv-l] Manage and Unmanage

To: "NVList (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Manage and Unmanage
From: Brian Kraftchick <Brian.Kraftchick@odfl.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:50:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:05:45 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
NV 7.1.3 on Win2K

I am having an issue with objects that seem to be managing and unmanaging themselves automatically....and continuously.  Has anyone ever seen this before.  In dealing with this issue, I have even completely dumped the entire database, rediscovered the network with all the defaults set as far as discovery, polling, etc.  And again today, I notice that some of the objects in the map.....specifically two routers keep managing and unmanaging themselves.  When this happens, the Netview program is almost unusable as it is performing the rediscover or status of all the interfaces on those routers (each having around 140 Frame relay circuits).

I know there is probably not enough information in the description above, but I just wanted to see if anybody could get me started in the right direction to find out why this happens.

Thanks!

Brian Kraftchick
Network Administrator
Old Dominion Freight Line