Re: [nv-l] Netview - Adding symbols from command lind

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview - Adding symbols from command lind
From: Oliver Bruchhaeuser <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:38:34 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 May 2004 06:49:16 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

take a look at "wteuiapp6" published in the redbook:
SG24-4515 Examples Using NetView for AIX Version 4
(get the redbook from www.redbooks.ibm.com)
You can still get the code (contributions) from here:
ftp://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG244515/
Rather old but very interesting stuff which should still work with NetView
7.x.
At least after recompiling.

Oliver

alejandro.gabay@reuters.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
27.05.2004 10:07
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc

Subject
Re: [nv-l] Netview - Adding symbols from command lind

Oliver.
I would like to add symbols (interfaces) that will be controlled by
another application though the snmptraps events (using the Netview trap
58916871.
Therefore this application has to add icons (symbols) before sending the
traps.
I looked on the /ust/OV/prg_samples/ovw_examples/app1 and try to compile
it but some files were missing (studio.h , string.h, ovw_types.h).
I thought that app1 might be a good example of building my own
application. Do you have an idea of what might be going wrong?.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay

                      Oliver Bruchhaeuser
                      <oliver.bruchhaeuser@        To:
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                      de.ibm.com>                  cc:
                      Sent by:                     Subject:  Re: [nv-l]
Netview - Adding symbols from command
                      owner-nv-l@lists.us.i         lind
                      bm.com
                                                   Header:        Internal
Use
                                                    Only
                      27/05/2004 05:22
                      Please respond to
                      nv-l

what kind of symbols do you want to add?
Can you give a better description?

Oliver

 alejandro.gabay@reuters.com
 Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                                        nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

 26.05.2004 11:10                             cc

                                              Subject
                                         Please respond to
                                          [nv-l] Netview - Adding symbols
from command lind
                                               nv-l

Hello All,
We are running netview 7.1.3 (soon 7.1.4) on Solaris 8. We need to create
symbols from the command line, Have anyone did it before?. Is there any
examples of an application that adds or deletes map symbols?.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay
Technical Center Supervisor, Argentina