[nv-l] collected data with hostnames or IPs?

Subject: [nv-l] collected data with hostnames or IPs?
From: "Alaa Farrag" <alaahelmy1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 16:15:40 +0300
Delivery-date: Sat, 29 May 2004 14:31:07 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi all

We are using netview 7.1.3 with windows 2000 server

I have a problem with data collection
when I issue snmpodump (snmpcoldump) some nodes appear with their IP addresses and the others appear with their host names taking in consideration that all the nodes are resolved correctly to their host names in the netview console and in the objects database.
also when I changed some of the host names in the etc\hosts file some of the collected data appeared with the old host name of the nodes.
I tried making the following but did not work
- stopping the netmon and the snmpcollect daemons
- clearing all netview databases
- clearing snmpcollect database (usr\ov\database\snmpcollect is now empty )
- starting the netmon daemon
- making sure that netview discovered all the needed nodes with correct host name
- starting the the snmpcollect daemon

but the problem stills
any one can help?

thanks