RE: [nv-l] Ruleset Correlation

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Ruleset Correlation
From: Jim.Federline@metriscompanies.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 07:59:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:14:38 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi Stephen,

ITSO should be careful with statements like this:

"Why are you using postemsg instead of the TEC adapter? I thought a benefit
of the adapter was that it would queue the event if it did not get it sent.
"

postemsg CAN buffer events, if you prep an EIF-compliant .conf file for it
and use the -f option. See the TEC Adapters Guide for the conf file
keywords like BufferEvents and BufEvtPath. Events are buffered while the
server is unreachable, and the local buffer cache is emptied and sent to
TEC on the next sucessful send.

Sincerely,
-Jim

--