Re: [nv-l] Netview - Adding symbols from command lind

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview - Adding symbols from command lind
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:18:01 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:53:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Have you installed the MLM code on your NetView system? MLM menus will be greyed out until NetView has done a demand poll of a system and found that the MLM code (midmand process) is running and responds to requests for information from the MLM MIB.

There are a few quirks with installing MLM code on Solaris, especially if you have changed community names on the Solaris SEA snmp agent. I wrote a Tivoli Field Guide a couple of years back on snmp agents and Solaris that you might find helpful - you should be able to find it on the Tivoli support website.

Kind regards,
Jane

alejandro.gabay@reuters.com wrote:

Jane:
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I am working to set up the MLM do the
hard work, but I can not get MLM working. Although I see on my Solaris that the
C5d deamon is running, the MLM sub-menu on the Tools menu is always grayed out.
Do you know what might be going wrong?.

B. Regards and thanks for all your help.

Alejandro Gabay

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com -1st.co.uk> cc: Sent by: Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview - Adding symbols from command owner-nv-l@lists.u lind s.ibm.com Header: Internal Use Only 27/05/2004 10:41 Please respond to nv-l

I use the Agent Policy Manager and MLM to create icons that I then
change the colour of, depending on TRAPs received.  Search the archive
for appends from both me and Leslie Clark on this.  It works a treat and
you don't have to get into programming APIs.  Only restriction is that
your NetView does need to be either AIX or Solaris.

Cheers,
Jane

the views of Reuters Ltd.

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565