RE: [nv-l] Hex code for a Node or Interface Down Internal NV Trap

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Hex code for a Node or Interface Down Internal NV Trap
From: "Van Order, Drew \(US - Hermitage\)" <dvanorder@deloitte.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:03:30 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:15:37 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Frank!

That indeed would work, and use that for our heartbeat events. The
script provided by support had throttling and bursting logic built-in,
so we wanted to take advantage. I copied/pasted the trapd.trace output
into the script and added \x where needed. It now generates perfectly
formatted traps that provide all the TEC_ITS slot info, etc. Very cool,
and we are now hammering failover server from trap reception to TEC
every 10 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestion, though--Drew