Re: [nv-l] Cisco aironet 1200 series in the oid_to_type file

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cisco aironet 1200 series in the oid_to_type file
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:40:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 03:49:25 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

You need to put in the OID as returned by the device when you query the system.sysObjectID.
You need to put in a vendor exactly as listed in /usr/OV/fields/C/ovw_fields (cisco Systems)
You need to put in an agent exactly as listed in /usr/OV/fields/C/snmp_fields (you probably need to add one - your choice of text)

And you can optionally put in a flag. The flag controlls what level of the map it is shown on. If you want it 'promoted' from the segment level to the network level, give it an H for Hub.

If you changed one of the fields files, run 'ovw_fields'. Then you will need to rediscover the device, since the vendor and agent fields are only set at discovery time. Alternatively you can use nvdbimport to load those values.

Detroit

Javier Morate Guerrero <jmorate@carrefour.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

06/02/2004 12:31 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Cisco aironet 1200 series in the oid_to_type file

     Hi,

  Anybody could say to me that line I must add for Cisco aironet 1200
series in the oid_to_type file?

Thanks,

Francisco Javier Morate Guerrero
Dpto. Gestión de Sistemas