[nv-l] Unmanaged interfaces come back managed

To: "Nv-L List Ibm (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Unmanaged interfaces come back managed
From: "Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius@fnb.co.za>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:56:57 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:16:25 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi All

I am running Netview 7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3
Some of the devices have strange address like 10.1.1.2.
I have two different devices ( servers) both have configured this  ip
address.
I want to unmanage this interface and not ping them, so in my seed file I
have the following entry
$10.1.1.2
When I try and locate them I cannot see them however should I demandpoll one
of the servers - servA on the map servA's ip address 10.1.1.2 will go red at
which point I unmanage this interface.

When a demandpoll is done again it goes red and then green - what happened
to the unmanage?
I have deleted this interface off all submaps done a mapcount -a topfix -a
and back it comes, I only have one map. so now my seed file says
!10.1.1.2 (don't discover this interface) but it just keeps coming back.

I don't want netview to ever check this interface on either servA or ServB
But how do I get rid of it /unmanage it for good?

Thanks
Vynita

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the
author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.  The information in this
e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of
information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no
liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever
reason, corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.