Re: [nv-l] nv 7.1.3 for windows fixpack2

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nv 7.1.3 for windows fixpack2
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:04:57 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:25:31 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Huh?  I don't know what you think that means, but it does not mean that 7.1.3 FixPack2 is the last word on maintenance for 7.1.3.
7.1.3 FixPack3 supersedes 7.1.3 FixPack2.  it includes all the prior maintenance which is in FixPack1 and FixPack2.

A Patch is a temporary thing. A FixPack is a permanent thing, a collection of prior fixes which have all been through a formal verification cycle
You need to get Fixpack3 if you intend to stay at 7.1.3

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Lucian Vanghele" <lucian.vanghele@bisnet.ro>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

07/21/2004 10:28 AM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] nv 7.1.3 for windows fixpack2

Patches superseded by this Fix Pack

None. There are no patches superseded by this Fix Pack.
Sincerely Yours / al Dvs.
Lucian Vanghele,
Senior System Engineer, Business Information Systems- BIS srl
tf./fax:+4021 255 4579

This message is strictly confidential, between the emitter's and the
addressee's companies.
It's mandatory to have the approval of the initiator, to send it entirely or
partially, to a third company.

Acest mesaj este strict confidential , pentru companiile emitentului si
receptorului.
Pentru a putea fi transmis, intreg sau partial, unei terte companii, este
obligatoriu a avea aprobarea initiatorului.