Re: [nv-l] nvsecd error

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nvsecd error
From: jason.ctr.alburger@faa.gov
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:40:58 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:57:41 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

George,

I did include relevant /etc/ files (as well as NV relevant files in
/usr/lib/ and /usr/local/Tivoli)....but I will try your suggestion.

Thanks!!

Jason Alburger
609-485-7225
CPDLC Engineer
Joseph Sheairs Associates, Inc.
FAA/AOS-330

                      George deSocio

                      <desocio@us.ibm.c        To:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                      om>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [nv-l] nvsecd
error
                      owner-nv-l@lists.

                      us.ibm.com

                      07/23/2004 10:21

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

Jason,

Possible?  Probably.

Supported? No.  Our solution will always be install on the target system.

Practical? No.  Because there are other filesystems affected by NetView
installation.  /etc/services is but one example.

The following is untested when regressing, that would be going from 7.1.3
FixPack n  to  7.1.3 base, but I think it should work.

Run a backup for migration on your current system using serversetup
(nvsetup).
Tar the resulting /usr/OV.back.v7r1 filesystem and move it over to the
target system.
Untar it on the target system.
Remove the file /usr/OV.back/v7r1/conf/ovors
Perform an upgrade install.
Install any fix packs and i-fixes  you had on source system.
Evaluate.

Regards,
Geo.

George deSocio
IBM Americas Support - Distributed Network Management
Dept 46-E1ZA
IBM B660  CC109
HWY 54 & 600 Park Offices
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

E-Mail:  desocio@us.ibm.com

 jason.ctr.alburger@faa.gov
 Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                        nv-l@lists.us.ibm.
 07/23/2004 09:35 AM                                    com
                                                                        cc

                   nv-l                                 [nv-l] nvsecd
                                                        error

RH 7.2 / NV 7.1.3

We are currently replacing our hardware and I'm attempting to take a tar
file of all NetView files from the original hardware and drop it onto the
new hardware (which also has a different IP address).  Is this possible to
do without having to run the NV install disk on the new box?

After dropping the tarball on the new box, I've wiped out the topology
(nv6000_smit clear_topology_db_all) and ran /usr/OV/service/reset_ci.
Everything seems to run fine until I try to turn on security, after which I
cannot start the OV daemons anymore because nvsecd will not start.  It's
giving the error:

nvsecd:  The server key could not be installed.

Is what I'm attempting to do possible?