[nv-l] Cisco Reference Document

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Cisco Reference Document
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:34:53 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:47:11 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
If any of your are interested, I am reading a Cisco document that is exceptionally well written about monitoring Cisco switches and routers with SNMP / traps. This document goes into specifics, but also describes the event architecture and it is generic enough that if you have no background in event management it lays the foundation. Good stuff. I highly recommend it to anyone working with NetView and network devices - particularly Cisco but it would have value for any brand of gear.