Re: [nv-l] Enhancement Requests

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Enhancement Requests
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 11:55:08 +1000
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 03:22:02 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Scott,

Just on one of your points....

At 09:22 AM 03-08-04 -0500, "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com> wrote:

If it takes 18 months to get a fairly simple change (from a feature point of view) to the "review" stage, then how long will it take for support for SNMPv3?

I believe SNMPv3 is provided for NetView by the SNMP Security Pack add-on from SNMP Research.

And, while I don't speak for IBM, this may be related to what you said later......

Look, we all understand that IBM generally gives software away at very reasonable prices and earns their revenues based on service contracts.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand@kardinia.com