Re: [nv-l] & sign in netmon seed file ?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] & sign in netmon seed file ?
From: Oliver Bruchhaeuser <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:46:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:03:19 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Philippe, it's a ^ not a &.

DCF Document ID: 1153918 - IBM Tivoli NetView: Force ICMP status polling for a node
Problem Desc:  For routers with unnumbered serial interfaces netmon will automatically switch from ICMP to SNMP status polling. Under some conditions this isn't desired. How can I force netmon to still use ICMP polling for those nodes?

Solution:  In the Seedfile Editor enter the node under the "Exclude" section of "Enable SNMP Status Checking".
This will add an entry with a leading ^ to the seedfile.
But be aware the under this condition netmon can no more determine the status of the unnumbered interface(s).

Oliver

Philippe Menard/France/Contr/IBM@IBMFR
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

09.08.2004 15:22
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] & sign in netmon seed file ?

All,

AIX 4.3.3 + NV 7.1.3 FP 2

I sort of remember that netmon supports entries prefixed with an & sign to mean :

use ICMP only to determine the status of device interfaces.

I could find no contribution about this in the mailing list archives although
I'm quite sure I read something like this in the past.

Is it really the & sign ?

Best regards,

Philippe.

- - -