Re: [nv-l] submap layout

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] submap layout
From: Mike <mikee@mikee.ath.cx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:56:31 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:14:00 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Oliver Bruchhaeuser wrote:

> no, probably not a misunderstanding.
> If you got a ring, than the type of the first (in this segment) discovered
> interface is probably Token Ring or FDDI.
> Take another look at /usr/OV/conf/C/if_to_sym and the man page.
>
> Oliver
>

> Mike <mikee@mikee.ath.cx>
> Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
> 11.08.2004 14:38
> Please respond to
> nv-l

> nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [nv-l] submap layout
>

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Oliver Bruchhaeuser wrote:
>
> > Mike,
> >
> > the submap layout (segment type) for the different interface types is
> > defined in /usr/OV/conf/C/if_to_sym.
> > There is an explaination in the header of this file and also a man page
> > (man if_to_sym) available.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Oliver
> >

> > Mike <mikee@mikee.ath.cx>
> > Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
> > 10.08.2004 21:54
> > Please respond to
> > nv-l

> > NetView <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > [nv-l] submap layout
> >

> > Once the submap is created, how is the layout changed
> > from the point-to-point to row/column?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Maybe I'm misunderstanding... I mean the automatic layout. Currently
> I have one submap that displays all locations in a large circle. I
> want to change that layout from a circle to the row/grid layout.
>
> Mike

I changed the if_to_sym and it did not work for what I'm seeing.
I have a location.conf describing my subnets and devices.
This is an example:

World 0 World

Branch1 10.1.1 World
Branch2 10.1.2 World
Branch3 0      World
Branch4 10.1.4 World

Dept1 10.1.3.1-30   Branch3
Dept2 10.1.3.31-60  Branch3
Dept3 10.1.3.61-90  Branch3
Dept4 10.1.3.91-120 Branch3

The above is reduced in complexity and numbers of items, but that's
the general idea. The submap that shows World is fine, I've hidden
all other items except World. Clicking on World shows the Branches,
but the Branches are in a circle. Clicking on Branch3 shows the
Departments, but the Departments are in a circle.

I want the Branches listed in a row/column grid, and the Departments
also listed in a row/column grid. How do I do this?

(So it's not a Token-Ring/FDDI ring symbol or adapter card...)

Mike