RE: [nv-l] NV Integration with Optivity

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NV Integration with Optivity
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:20:19 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:30:50 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

It has been awhile since I reverse engineered the integration to make it work across servers. Partly it depends on how well you know Optivity and NetView.

Optivity (and Ciscoworks) would add items to NetView's menus. You need to copy those NetView registration files from the Optivity server / install CD onto the NetView server. Then you need to change the commands to actually use ssh or rsh (your choice) to run the command at the optivity server....and set the DISPLAY variable so that the Optivity GUI that gets started is displayed back to where the NetView console is running.

I don't remember if Optivity also adds fields and symbols...wouldn't suprise me. In the registration files for the menu's, it should indicate which fields the commands are looking for.

Good luck.

Stephen Hochstetler shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678) FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com