RE: [nv-l] Cisco PIX / Firewall switch module in Netview

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cisco PIX / Firewall switch module in Netview
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:06:09 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:17:01 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
More precisely, the SNMP sysName is identical in both units.

We used the traps from the firewall to detect the change in failover
state and only monitored the device interfaces to assure reachability. I
could share my perl script for the syslog traps if you need it. But you
are correct in all other aspect of your post. I don't know of any way to
get NetView to observe the interfaces changing units because of the
sysName always being the same.