[nv-l] monitoring IP address-less T1 interfaces

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] monitoring IP address-less T1 interfaces
From: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:10:26 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:22:51 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

NV 7.1.3 / AIX 5.1

Hello All,

I posted this one sometime back but there were no takers, I will try and rephrase the challenge:

When multiple vBNS circuits are bundled together on one router to provide bandwidth above T1 speeds a multi-link interface is activated within the router to manage load balancing on the vBNS serial interfaces. This multi-link interface is assigned an IP address and it is this interface that is monitored by Tivoli Netview. The serial interfaces in these cases do not have IP addresses assigned and are therefore not monitored. Further, if on a two circuit multi-link interface one vBNS circuit goes down, the multi-link remains active and the circuit outage would not be detected by Tivoli.

Any way to monitor individual T1 interfaces that lack IP addresses?  Thanks.

Cheers

Fawad Qureshi