RE: [nv-l] Web Client Loosing Connection to Server

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Web Client Loosing Connection to Server
From: "Stringfellow, William" <William.Stringfellow@bankofamerica.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:17:32 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:19:41 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Meyos,
    I know others have talked about increasing the memory assigned to Java, but if you have done that and still get the problem, here is another possible answer.
    We had similar experiences that were generated by our map makers stopping and transferring the R/W map back and forth between themselves.  Every time the R/W map is shut down, all of the web clients attached get a loss of connection message.  We finally got them to leave the R/W map up on a single workstation near the majority of mapmakers, and all mapmakers went to it when they needed to do something.

    Regards,
    Bill

Bill Stringfellow
EDS - Network Management Support