[nv-l] SCE and FixPack 2

Subject: [nv-l] SCE and FixPack 2
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:45:14 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:47:59 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Has anyone tried using the State Correlation Engine part of the NetView TEC adapter, after applying NV 7.1.4 Fixpack 2??

I was teaching a class last week with a mixture of AIX 5.1 and Win 2K - all had FixPack 2 installed and no-one got any output from the configured SCE (easy test is to see if the fqhostname slot is set in the TEC event). I had the same code on a RedHat 7.2 system - no SCE events. We also uncommented the lines for SCE tracing and logging and no-one got either log or trace files. Several students de-installed FixPack 2 and everything springs back to life again - fqhostname slots and log/trace files. We tested this on Win and AIX, though I am pretty sure we will see the same with RH 7.2.

We will open a PMR on Monday...
Cheers,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565