Re: [nv-l] to handle traps

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] to handle traps
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:50:00 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:50:26 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

IBM does not discuss plans on a public forum, unless there has already been a formal Announcement Letter published.  To date no internal support for SNMPv3 has been announced.  However, you can obtain that support through a third-party business partner, the same one who provides SNMPv3 support for HP OpenView, a firm called SNMP Research.  They offer a companion product called the SNMP Security Pack.  You can learn about them an their offering at http://www.snmp.com/products/snmpsecpack.html

Also, being new to the list you may find it useful to search the archives.  They are maintained for the NetView users group by another business partner, Skills-1st in the UK.  You find them at http://lists.skills-1st.co.uk/mharc/html/nv-l/

Hope this helps,

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Gildas.Plouzennec@alcatel.fr
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/24/2004 08:29 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] to handle traps

Hello All,

As I am new in this mailing list, I suppose my question was already asked.
Is Netview support/compliant  SNMPv3, or is it planned ?

thanks a lot,

Gildas PLOUZENNEC

ALCATEL e-SD Professional Services
gildas.plouzennec@alcatel.fr                                  +33(0)2 98 14 37 81