[nv-l] fqhostname tec slot missing

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] fqhostname tec slot missing
From: Milton.W.Bridges@kp.org
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:41:11 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:46:50 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I am currently running NetView 7.1.4 (Fixpack 2) on AIX 5, notice that the fqhostname slot is missing for events that are forwarded to our Tivoli T/EC (3.9).  I also have the same configuration (NV 7.1.4 / Fixpack 2) on a Solaris server, and don't have this problem.  We use the fqhostname on our T/EC servers as a "dup detect" mechanism.  I am unclear as why this would work from the Solaris platform and not the AIX platform.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Milt

Milton W. Bridges III
Senior Systems Programmer
KP-IT National Operations - Enterprise Technical Services
Systems Management - Engineering
NOPS ETS SM ENGR
(909)739-5339
8-395-5339