RE: [nv-l] Error when starting Netview

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Error when starting Netview
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:16:27 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:16:54 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

This is not my area of expertise, and it is getting very difficult to
advise you remotely.
Without being present I am not certain what is going on.  But it's
beginning to sound to me as though the two boxes do indeed use different
community names.
Did you set them up?  If not, why isn't the person who did involved?

Does one have a communitynames.conf file and the other not?  Do they have
the same exact /etc/snmpd.conf file?
The only advice I have left is to make everything the same, and I do mean
everything.
Otherwise, you should call Support and start sending them your files to
examine, because something is different somewhere.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"D'Apice, Domenico" <D.D'Apice@SAQ.qc.ca>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
12/03/2004 09:59 AM
Please respond to

"'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc

Subject
RE: [nv-l] Error when starting Netview

Hello James,

Even I copy /usr/OV/conf from one server to another, i always have 2
differents hostname community name. How is possible ?  i did the
xnmsnmpconf
-clearCache and it is the same thing...

Dominic