Re: [nv-l] Netview+Tivoli Endpoint or Managed node?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview+Tivoli Endpoint or Managed node?
From: wolfgang.bergbauer@attglobal.net
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:49:43 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:50:20 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi Scot,

If you do not use the Database functionality of Netview which is based on RIM (e.g. store SNMP collect information in a RDBMS) just install it standalone. I think all the other features are more cosmetic.
But even if you install it standalone and you later on need the Framework for whatever reason, it is not a bit deal to reinstall it without loosing your customizations.

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bergbauer
Network and System Management Consultant
Cell phone: +49 172 534 9131
E-mail: wolfgang.bergbauer@attglobal.net

Scot <scotrn@cox.net>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

12/16/2004 02:57 AM
Please respond to
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Netview+Tivoli Endpoint or Managed node?

Hi all;

I scanned the list for the ans. so forgive me if this is a repost.

If I'm installing a Netview for use with TEC/TMF what advantages are
there to making that host a Tivoli managed node?

Windows Netview
Unix TMR

Linux/Windows Desktops/TEC_Consoles.

--